What services do you provide?
Construct the Present offers three primary pillars of services including
- Equity Audits
- DEI consulting services
What impact will your services have on my business?
Construct the Present services are designed to create an inclusive workplace culture that implements DEI programs that contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world. Here are some outcomes that our services have helped clients achieve:
– Improved diversity in recruitment
– Greater retention of diverse employees
– Inclusive advancement and diverse leadership
– Increased community engagement
– Industry leadership
– Clear and transparent DEI policies
– Improved relations among employees
– Increased comfort in discussing identity among employees
– Action plans with measurable goals
How do I know it’s time for a DEI consultant?
Great question! There are quite a few ways to tell if it’s best to hire an external consultant for a company. A few of the most common and telling reasons are:
– Your organization has culture issues and you can’t quite figure out why
– Your organization isn’t assessing the demographics of your recruitment base, candidates, employees, or leaders
– Your organization isn’t hiring or retaining enough employees from historically underrepresented identities
– Exit interviews show evidence of bias, exclusion, and lack of responsiveness to employee needs
– Employees report bias or ask for DEI accountability
– Your leadership team wants to expand their DEI knowledge
– Your team wants to start a DEI Committee
– Your Equity Team or Committee isn’t effective enough
– Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. are more present in everyday conversations
– Managers have insufficient support in implementing company DEI strategies
– You don’t know where to start on your company’s DEI initiatives
How much should we budget for DEI services?
No organization or process is the same. We suggest scheduling a call to talk through your specific contact and plan. However, on average our clients use their professional development and training budgets and integrate DEI and culture change work into their budgets on an annual basis.
We recommend a minimum investment of 5% of your operating budget. So if you are an organization with an operating budget of $500,000, we suggest investing a minimum $25,000 for equity assessment, professional development, coaching, and training for your organization.
What designations does Construct the Present hold?
Construct the present is a Black, woman owned, Bcorp, and a values driven company. Learn more about our founder and team here.
How can I get in contact with you?
We can be reached via our contact page or email
Check out our LinkedIn and Instagram to stay in the loop on CTP news.
Where are you based?
We are based in Portland, Oregon and operate in Pacific Time. We offer virtual and in-person options for our services and travel regularly to meet client needs.
What are your rates?
Our consulting rates vary based on factors such as project scope, company size and type.
We ask that clients commit to improving diversity, equity and inclusion for the long term, so we do not generally offer single, one-time trainings.
Our training starts at $8,000 for 3 sessions.
Equity audits are essential foundations for sustainable long-term diversity, equity and inclusion work. Equity audits generally take between 4-6 months to complete and start at $24,000.
Strategic Implementation Retainer Services
With our strategic implementation services, we partner with your team to perform the DEI services your team needs most. This can include creating your equity team, building capacity for your equity team, evaluating your organization’s DEI performance, executive coaching and more. Strategic implementation services start at $5,000 per month with an annual contract.
Book a call to learn more about our services.
Construct the Present works to be accessible to organizations of all types; ask about our nonprofit and government rates.
What is a B Corp?
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Learn more about B Corporations here.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletter and updates.
Is your organization ready for change?